Monday, July 16, 2007

Oooh baby babyy its a fat world!


Every time I need some inspiration I climb up on my old roof with my five year old German sheep dog in tow. He races me to the stairs and head butts all the way till we get upstairs. He adores this place as much as I do. Amongst all the old tattered boxes of clothes and furniture, in-between the remains of dead birds and the gunk floor we both can just be ourselves. He runs around freely and pees at every corner, barks at anything that moves and sniffs every nook and cranny. Me, I grab onto my old letter pad and write my heart out. It’s usually dark when we go there and I can only see my pen moving and the paper crustling. When I return usually an hour or two later I have in my own twisted mind a masterpiece. I look at the roughly written words and almost think of myself as a crazy scientist who has just discovered ummm something. 

So today while I was lying on the floor of the dirty roof watching my dog eat the remains of some old bird, I realized something.

I hate other people eating.

And especially if I think they’re overweight.

And I don’t mean just my dog eating.

No..Noo..nOoo

I’m the friend who will raise an eyebrow when you upsize your meal.

I’m the sister who will tell you the exact time if you god forbid eat after 11pm.

I will clear my throat if you ask for another serving.

Don’t be so quick to judge.

I’m neither an anorexic nor a bulimic.

I just think that I’m the savior of all fat people.



You can very well imagine the stuff I’ve been told because of this annoying habit.

FOOD HATER! FOODANAZI! THE FOOD POLICE! Junk Buster!

But frankly…I don’t know how to fix this problem.

And I usually mean it in a good way.

But of course no one understands it.

My sisters have gone so far as to avoid me while eating.

They’d lock up their rooms and eat eat eat. I’d knock on their rooms and scream ITS 11:33 PM.

Maybe it’s the fact that all my life I’ve had control over one thing in my life.

How much I eat or how little I eat.

So I take this control very seriously.

So for me to see someone have 5 glasses of coke or 10 pieces of chicken wings or an upsized meal makes me wonder how someone can be so okay with having no control at all!

Leave comments people :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a self centered individual. You should let other do whatever they want as long it is does not violate the rights of others. You should find something else to pursue like keeping people from smoking Hahahahhaha. Fuck you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monsoon said...

lol...dude atleast dont be anonymous..how scared are you! Atleast I'm admitting my fault...you can only bitch about others.. sad! very sad..

Anonymous said...

I admit my fault. I like to bitch at others who bitch at others etc. etc. ect. Blah Blah Blah.

Ishvara said...

Haha. Thats hilarious. Made me smile.

Anonymous said...

I do the EXACT same things, though admittedly not to the same degrees. I cannot help but feel antagonistic towards obviously overweight people when I see them eating in public, particularly when they happen to be eating something even remotely unhealthy.

One of the worst things for me to endure is to dine with someone whom I can physically hear chewing their food, even with their mouth closed. It disgusts me to the point that I cannot continue with my meal.

I have a fascination/addiction to shows on the Discovery Health channel that document the lives of Super Morbidly Obese people (upwards of 1000 pounds). I've recorded every single one to the DVR...

I can't believe the ridiculous comments some of these people left, specifically the personal attack on you. You're quite cute in your pictures.

Anonymous said...

I hate when people comment openly in public about the appearance and actions of others. Mind your own business is my motto. However I was wrong to insult you in an earlier post. It was unjustified and I am sorry. It was an entirely false statement and was unnecessary.

Monsoon said...

I received a lot of hate mail after my last post. Most people thought I was trying to act like I was better than everyone else around me. I swear to you that was not my intention. It was only to confess my own fault that’s haunted me for a long time. It was a way to break free. I thought if I ridiculed myself I’d probably grow out of it. Some people took my post too personally. Especially Mr. Anonymous who’s probably had a mother just like me who commented on every bun she/he ever ate.

So I’m sorry again if I’ve offended anyone. If anyone actually understood the intent of my post they would know that I actually envy people who don’t care about the calories that they eat and how much they consume.

Because for me counting calories is a 24/7 job, an addiction I cant break out of..

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize to random, stupid, low self esteem LOOSERS.

This is your space, if they dont agree/like something...all they have to do is click X.

Mona.

P.S Anonymous: Get a life! Seems like the post hit a sore spot in your life!:P

Monsoon said...

Well said Mona!

Anonymous said...

I'm on diet mood now, just started 2 days ago.. half plate of rice and vegi only for lunch and i eat light dinner at 7pm.. light means bread, pasta etc.. i'm trying to live healthy life..so far, i feel very good.. hopefully it will last forever..

Bob Johnson said...

Hey, I like your title, now I am going to be singing it the rest of the night.

Becky C. said...

I know what you mean by overeating. I try hard to be a good feminist and tackle fat as a feminist/women's issue. But, I never can do it--it is a repulsive issue. If it was just a health issue I wouldn't mind--that is their business--but obesity makes the world a little uglier for all of us. I have never been good at PC stuff and on this one I don't think I can be converted by the Fat Rights people.

~Becky

Unknown said...

I think painfully skinny people look just as bad as people who are over-weight.
Don't mean to be rude as I think you are a lovely, intelligent girl, but maybe you do have a borderline tendency towards anorexia or perhaps it's a control issue.
I can understand you not liking fat people but to have such a severe reaction to anyone overeating so much so that people hide from you to eat, means you need to ask yourself why you have this extreme reaction.
Is it only at seeing people eat or any other control issue as well?