Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tick tick tock!

Every time I read someone else’s blog I realize how inconsequential, insignificant and immature my own blog is. I immediately get intimidated by their big words, their well-developed points of view and their adept writing skills. All creativity and ingenuity leaves me and I have no choice but to re-edit and revise all my posts.

Every time I look through someone else’s face book and see their party pictures, travel anecdotes, career stories I start matching my achievements with them. I suddenly realize my life is ordinary and stupid compared to the multitudes of experiences other people have had.

Even with best friends aren’t we at all times judging who’s achieved it all. You know the whole package. Happy Marriage +Kind but Brad Pitt look alike husband+ 2 good natured kids Girl and Boy+ And of course a possibly large house decorated with an urn filled with dead mother in law.

We keep putting a tick every time we achieve one target. We secretly laugh at the other when they can’t seem to tick the one we’ve just ticked. An if horror of horror one of us ticks them all we all conspire secretly and start doubting her worth, doubting her tick.

Wouldn’t it be a better world if we’d all stop caring about each other ticks and concentrated on our own?

Leave a comment! :)

11 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

The key is to believe in yourself and know we are all in the same boat and all hvae the same feelings of inadequacey,sp. lol

Anonymous said...

I say enjoy the moment.

And anyways how do you know that their picture perfect life isn't a complete hell for them. Perhaps they secretly wish for what you have.

Look at all the unhappy celebrities on drugs. They'll never live up to their idealized self, hence the barrage of self-destructive activities.

Beaman said...

It's very hard not to judge yourself by others. I've found reading some good books by Buddhist writers like Ayya Khema and Tich Nyat Hahn very helpful in these situations. :)

Anonymous said...

wouldn't it be a better world if we all stopped writing blogs

Monsoon said...

LOL @ tickman..

quincyjohn said...

i plead guilty about that but we simply have different lives and let's enjoy every moment of it.

Comparing yourself to them is simply not a healthy habit.

But a long hair makes you more beautiful.

David Hodges said...

Forgive me for not having much to say. I am smitten by your photographs.

SYNERGY said...

Hey it's funny that you mentioned everyone elses party pictures on facebook. I feel the same like i'm being boring but your friends probably feel he same ay about the stuff do. Nobody puts up pictures of them taking the whole of the next day to recover from the great party, or when hey were throwing up at the end of the night. It's so right what you say though, but we should be proud of how we have chosen to live our life and if not... then we should make some changes....

US said...

Picture this -> when you have a small car, you want a big car; when you have a big car, you want a Mercedes; when you have a Mercedes, you would want to have an S-Class! Now apply that rule to everything in your life and its something to be happy about :))

Graham Ettridge said...

Hi Monsoon!!! Just a lil messageto tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog! Oh, and I have a similar problem with watching people eat - it is not so much about what they eat, but it annoys me when people either chew with their mouth open or make disgusting noises. It completely puts me off my own food.

Keep up the great posts :) I have enjoyed reading them ~ Graham

Anonymous said...

We all have things in our life that we feel insecure about and the funny thing is that the person whose blog you thought was so much better than yours is probably feeling the same way in comparison to someone else. The grass is always greener on the other side - all these sayings have become a cliche for the very reason that they are so true