Monday, May 21, 2007

Neutering my baby!


My eyes were blurry from all the researching reading and contemplating. If I had worked as hard on one of my own papers I’d probably would have finished school early. But this was important. It could alter my baby’s life in every way. The procedure was supposedly painless and quick under general anesthesia. The risks were minimal. My mind boggled from the callous terms carelessly thrown in on various websites. Neutering, castration, spaying. Could I really let some vet take away my little doggie’s masculinity? What could be the consequences? And the painnnnnn…..Images of little Travis gaining weight and growing boobs came to my mind.

Of course he had some problems. The lifting the leg and urinating in front of friends and family was one. The scratches and bruises from his humping on my leg was another. The running out of the gate to meet his many “girlfriends” was by far the biggest. But cutting of his erm reproductive organs was alittle too severe. The whole night I tossed and turned. The dreams always started with SNIP SNIP and then blood and gore falling everywhere. I woke up twice in between and gave travis a big kiss on his furry little ear. He opened one of his eyes and I could’ve sworn he said “aunty are you really going to cut me off”.

2 months later

He's still urinating with one leg up...he still leaves the house for hours and doesnt return...and my leg...lets just say...i need some therapy

I think the doctor cut off the wrong organ or something..

If anyone knows anything about neuteration...CALL ME!

No comments: